Hi everyone! I’m excited to continue sharing my fitness journey with you. If you followed along with my 30 Day Shred Challenge, you’re already familiar with my update format. If not, why weren’t you? Jk. Here is a quick rundown of how my updates work:
– I write about each day in detail so it can get kind of long. I like to do this because it makes me and my fitness journey transparent, but also because I really enjoy going back and seeing my progress. It also keeps me honest. A few times I didn’t want to do the workout the thought that I would have to write that shamed me into doing it. And even when I thought “well I could just lie, no one would know” I just couldn’t bring myself to lie to you all!
– Updates are written in present tense. I usually write them the day of or day after so they are fresh in my mind.
– I post the updates on a weekly basis. The Summer Shape Up schedule is
June 3: Shape Up begins!
June 10: Update 1, Days 1-7
June 17: Update 2, Days 8-14
June 24: Update 3, Days 15-21
July 1: Update 4, Days 22-28
– I don’t post a lot of pictures here, but I do Instagram them so be sure to follow me! #summershapeup. That hashtag is from the SSU host, the Fitnessista, so it will bring up people other than me too!
– Because the SSU is not a challenge I created, I am abiding by the creators “rules” and respecting her privacy. I won’t be posting workout details and will only include the details she has put on her public page. However, if you want to see the workout details all you have to do is sign up on her page!
– I don’t think I’ll be writing about my hunger like I did in 30 Day Shred Challenge because I didn’t find it that helpful.
Here we go!
I am still completing my Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred Challenge so some substitutions were made. I indicated where.
Day 1 6/3/2013
Motivation: High! I am super pumped to begin SSU.
Cheats: I did Workout 1 and substituted HIIT with 30 Day Shred because I am still completing that challenge. I didn’t have to modify anything in the workout but I did have to motivate myself a lot! At one point I started talking out loud audibly counting down reps, telling myself I can do this, and saying it is almost over. This is definitely a killer! The tricep dips buuuuuuurned so good.
After Feelings: Wiped!
Day 2 6/4/2013
Motivation: Low. I really had to convince myself to workout today. I substituted Steady State with Level 3 of Shred.
Cheats: I just wasn’t into it today and it showed. I took it easy on the squats because I was feeling some pain there.
After Feelings: Tired, but glad I did it since I really didn’t want to!
Day 3 6/5/2013
Motivation: High! Did the workout when I got home and it was so much easier than the first day. It’s amazing how quickly your body adjusts!
Day 4: 6/6/2013
My knees were bothering me I think from all the squats so I took off today.
Day 5: 6/7/2013
Never take a day off… then you can’t get started again.
Day 6: 6/8/2013
Day 7: 6/9/2013
Don’t look at me
I started off strong and excited but finished like poop. I should never take a day off, even when it is in the schedule, because I can’t just take one day. I’m pledging to make next week better!