Happy Saturday, friends. I’m a week late to the March goals posts but I wanted to share these anyway. I really fell off track in February. Between the weather and my Grandmom passing I did a lot of feeling sorry for myself which led to less than ideal choices. But it’s okay, we’re getting back on track.
1. No spending in March. This one can be both simultaneously hard and easy for me. I really have everything I need/want so it’s easy for me to not spend. But as I lose more weight, I need new pants. So I might have to ease up on this to buy two pairs of pants– work and casual. That, a monthly dinner date I have with my best friend, and finally getting my bf to let me pay for a night out are my three spending allowances this month. To help me stay on track with this I will not be carrying around my debit card. This is what works best for me. I get the cash out I need for gas and my dates and that’s it.
2. Set up two savings accounts. I use SmartPig.com where you get 1% APY. I’ve used them before and really like it. It’s an online bank where you can set up goals and when you reach them you can withdrawal the money either through having the money sent to your physical bank, through a SmartyPig cash card, or through retailer gift cards where you get additional rewards (like if you release your money to an Amazon giftcard you’ll get an additional 3%). I have two accounts right now– one is for the Bruno Mars concert my Mom and I are going to in July. She paid for everything and I am putting aside money to pay her back. The other is for the car I’ll need in December when my lease is up. The savings accounts are on automatic pay so the money will leave my bank without me noticing. I like having the savings accounts separate from my bank because I forget about it!
3. In the beginning of April I’ll reevaluate my budget and make any needed adjustments.
1. Visit the gym 4 out of 5 work days. This of course is contingent on the weather agreeing with me and allowing me to get to work and therefore the gym (my gym is next to my work and 45 minutes from my house).
2. Run at least 3 days a week with 2 short and 1 long run. Maintain half marathon training.
3. Incorporate physical therapy exercises to strengthen core and glutes.
4. Focus more on strength training with a push/pull/leg split.
1. Always an ongoing battle… eat cleaner. I’d like to reduce splurging to twice a week and eat cleaner the other 5 days.
2. Meal plan. Maintain prepping breakfasts and lunches for the week. Prep more snacks.
Long Term Goals
1. Move out. Ugh. A recent exploding fight with my Mom fueled my need to focus more on getting out. Don’t get me wrong, I like living there, appreciate and feel so lucky that they allow me to be there, and love coming home to a dinner every night that I didn’t cook, but it’s time for me be independent. I’d really like to be credit card debt free before moving out so that I can start with a clean slate (except for student loans… kill me). I only have one credit card left to pay off and getting that done as quickly as possible is what spurned my savings goals and no spending March.
2. On that finance note… continue to budget monthly and plan out what I will “splurge” on. For example, my standing monthly dinner dates with Becky and anticipating when I’ll need new clothes.
3. Focus on using kinder words and speaking with intention rather than speaking to be heard.